Ancestry: Paternal Lineage
DNA Bioservices offers a paternal lineage test that will reveal your ancient paternal heritage via Y-chromosome testing. This test is only available for males, as it checks the Y-chromosome markers to determine which paternal haplogroup, or “clan” you belong to.
About 175,000 years ago, the modern human race was born somewhere in East Africa. Over time, humans started to migrate out of Africa to populate the rest of the world, and as they settled in various geographic areas, their DNA took on distinct markers, creating a genetic record of our ancestors’ migration throughout the ancient world. These markers define the haplogroup you belong to, which is associated with a place of origin.
Are you related to the original settlers in Europe, before the start of the Ice Age (more than 20,000 years ago)? Or were your ancestors more recent visitors from neighboring Asia, or even North Africa? Are you related to a famous historical figure? Find out by ordering a paternal lineage test today.
What to expect with your test results?
Your paternal lineage DNA test report will list your haplogroup, which represents the area of the world your ancestors came from. It also contains raw data, called a haplotype, for your Y-STR DNA test that you can use for further research in many publicly available databases and ancestry projects. The packet will include:
- Your haplogroup designation
- A personalized map depicting your ancestors’ journey and where they initially settled in the ancient world.
- Your Y-STR profile (raw data)
- Facts about your haplogroup, including which parts of the world you can find your “genetic cousins” and famous people who share the same haplogroup as you do
How do I order an Ancestry Test?
- Order your DNA Collection Kit from our secure order page
- Take your samples in the privacy of your home
- Place samples in supplied swab envelopes
- Complete your application form
- Return completed kit in the reply paid envelope
- Testing takes up to 6 weeks
- Report sent via email