Grand-parentage DNA testing
The DNA Bioservices Grand-Parentage testing is designed for definitive answers when trying to establish a relationship between an individual and an alleged grand-parent. Our simple collection kit is fast and easy.
There are two different types of Grand-Parentage testing.
Single Grand-parentage DNA Analysis:
- This DNA test includes ONE grandparent, one grandchild, and parent (optional, but strongly suggested). The conclusive range for DNA results are either >90% (inclusion) or <15% (exclusion) probabilities.
- However, results may vary between 1% and 99% accuracy.
Duo Grand-parentage DNA Analysis:
- This DNA test includes BOTH grandparents, one child, and parent optional, but strongly suggested.
- For the most accurate results in a grand-parentage analysis it is best to include both the alleged grandparents and the child.
- When both alleged grandparents are included the DNA results are guaranteed to indicate either >99% (inclusion) or 0% (exclusion) probability of Grand-parentage relationship
- Grand-Parentage Testing is for clients who want to determine parentage when an alleged father is unavailable and no post mortem sample is available.
- Samples can be used from grandparents to reconstruct the alleged father's DNA pattern
Legal Application Form
This test can be ordered as a non-legal or legal test. Please call us on 1300 768 420 to discuss your options so we can then quality if this test is suitable for the donor's needs.